Frequently Asked Questions
STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFO ON 2020!
This conference is for you if:
- you want to start a company
- you already have a business that you want to grow
- you want to sharpen your leadership or operational skills
- you’re technical and want to find a non-technical co-founder
- you are looking for investors, advisors, or talent
- and/or you love hanging out with inspiring and fun people
Yes! If you know how to code but want to learn about the business side of startups, or maybe even find a co-founder, then the tactical advice at Hustle Con will help your startup succeed.
Each ticket includes: breakfast, snacks, conference attendance, world-class networking, and access to the social events. You’ll have to buy a two-day ticket to join the tactical, intensive breakout sessions on day two.
We know most conferences of this caliber cost thousands of dollars to attend. We keep ticket prices low so that everyone from investors to starving startup employees can afford a ticket. Note: there are both two-day and one-day ticket options.
You bet. Everything is better with friends… or co-workers. Group rates are available for groups of 4 or more. Just reach out to our events team at [email protected] for details.
Yes, but no reason not to buy in advance if you can to save a few bucks. Prices increase once we get onsite.
Street parking around the theater is metered, but most expire after 2 hours. There are some parking lots in the neighborhood, but we strongly recommend not driving.
There is a BART station literally across the street. If you’re not sure how BART works, go here.
Or, you know, Uber.
- ID… So you can imbibe at the after parties
- Your Ticket… Print your ticket (if you’re old school) or whip out that digital copy.
- Business cards (We’re all here to network.)
Enter The Paramount through the main entrance at 2025 Broadway, and pick up your badge at the Registration/Info Desk located in the Grand Lobby. You’ll be able to sign yourself in, and print your badge. Pop that sucker on, and head on in – take a minute or two to grab breakfast and coffee on us before you snag a seat in the theatre.
We’ll have breakfast and coffee and you can go ahead and grab lunch at one of our recommended local eateries. (Check out the map in the Program Book.)
Light snacks will be available during coffee breaks. Wine and beer will be served at the evening events. We’ll also have a wrap party after our last session – let’s hang out and finish drinking the wine and beer.
Except for some reserved seats in the front of the theatre for our VIP Hustlers, seats are first come, first serve. That means bring your stuff with you if you need a break. No dibs.
We will have a bag check available onsite. We still recommend however that you leave your most valuable and irreplaceable items at home, in your hotel safe or with the hotel concierge.
Dress code is typically casual, but wear whatever you’re comfortable in. We suggest a light jacket — it can be chilly in Oakland in December.
We’ll always support your decision to crash on your buddy’s sofa, but there are also a few hotels within a short walk or Uber ride from The Paramount — these are the few we suggest:
- Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Downtown
- Address: 4064, 988 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
- Phone: 510.625.8282
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 5 min drive (0.7 miles)
- Oakland Marriott City Center
- Address: 1001 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
- Phone: 510.451.4000
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 6 min drive (0.8 miles)
- The Washington Inn Hotel
- Address: 495 10th St, Oakland, CA 94607
- Phone: 510.452.1776
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 8 min drive (0.9 miles)
- Waterfront Hotel – 3 Star Hotel
- Address: 10 Washington St, Oakland, CA 94607
- Phone: 510.836.3800
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 8 min drive (1.1 miles)
If you’re so inclined, there are several hostel options in and around Oakland/San Francisco.
- Casa Hacker Hostel
- Address: 2028 27th Ave, Oakland, CA 94601
- Phone: 408.718.1829
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 14 min drive (3.7 Miles)
- FacesOasis (private home, book through AirBnB)
- Address: 1453 5th St, Oakland CA 94607
- Phone: 925.497.5428
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 10 min drive (2.2 Miles)
- Fisherman’s Wharf San Francisco Hostel
- Address: Building 240, Fort Mason, San Francisco, 94123
- Phone: 1453 5th St, Oakland CA 94607
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 45 min drive (12.3 Miles)
- Downtown San Francisco Hostel
- Address: 320 Mason Street, Union Square, SF CA, 94102
- Phone: 415.788.5604
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 40 min drive (10.6 Miles)
- San Francisco City Center Hostel
- Address: 685 Ellis Street, SF CA, 94109
- Phone: 415.474.5721
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 35 min drive (11.8 Miles)
Tickets are non-refundable. However, they are transferable until the day before Hustle Con, so if you can’t make it and want to give your ticket to a friend, colleague, stranger on the bus, whoever, here’s how to transfer your ticket.
Holler at [email protected], and someone will get back to you.