Frequently Asked Questions
Yeah, they do. Check out this subreddit that popped up a few years ago (this is a real subreddit that our past attendees set up. We had no involvement in it).
On day 1 you’ll arrive around 8:30 am. When you do, a Hustle Con volunteer will check you in and point you towards the bar, where you can grab breakfast and coffee. As you’re walking around, one of our Hustle Con team members will introduce themselves. He or she will probably introduce you to another attendee. The conversation will flow naturally. That’s our specialty – creating a very fun and welcoming environment. The Black Keys will probably be blasting on the speakers… so there’s a 100% chance you’re gonna be bobbing your head. After you’re full and caffeinated, you’ll be asked to take your seat. That’s when the speakers start. Each talk will be between 10 and 25 minutes long. Fast enough so you’re not bored, long enough to teach you one very specific and actionable tactic. There will be a few breaks throughout the day, including lunch. When the talks are done, stick around for a couple of drinks and meet one another.
Day 2 will start much the same… except after your full and caffeinated (part 2), you’ll choose from a number of tactical, intensive breakout sessions, where you will be front and center with founders. They will take you on a deep dive into specific challenges they encountered and the solutions that propelled them on to growth. There will be breaks, lunch, networking, and we’ll wrap around 4:00 pm with a few cold drinks. The makings of a perfect day.
Street parking around the theater is metered, and there are some parking lots in the neighborhood. We strongly recommend not driving, though.
There is a BART station literally across the street. If you’re not sure how BART works, go here.
Or, you know, Uber.
Each ticket includes: breakfast, snacks, conference attendance, world-class networking, and access to the after-party. You’ll have to buy a two-day ticket to join the tactical, intensive breakout sessions on day two.
We know most conferences cost thousands of dollars to attend.
We keep ticket prices low so that everyone from investors to starving startup employees can afford a ticket.
You bet. Everything is better with friends… or co-workers. Group rates are available for groups of 4 or more. Just reach out to our events team at [email protected] for details.
2,500 tickets, which is how many seats are in the Paramount Theatre. Our events have a history of selling out, so there’s a 99% chance we’ll sell out again.
This conference is for you if:
- you want to start a company
- you already have a business that you want to grow
- you want to sharpen your non-technical skillset
- you’re technical and want to find a non-technical co-founder
- and/or you love hanging out with inspiring and fun people.
In any case, if you want to learn tactical and actionable advice and join an amazing community, then Hustle Con is for you.
Yes! If you know how to code but want to learn about the business side of startups, or maybe even find a co-founder, then the tactical advice at Hustle Con will help your startup succeed.
Yes, but no reason not to buy in advance if you can to save a few bucks. Prices increase as the date approaches.
You’d be surprised, we get this question a lot. Dress code is typically casual, but wear whatever you’re comfortable in. We suggest a light jacket — it can be chilly in Oakland in December.
We’ll always support your decision to crash on your buddy’s sofa, but there are also a few hotels within a short walk or Uber ride from The Paramount — these are the few we suggest:
- Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Downtown
- Address: 4064, 988 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
- Phone: 510.625.8282
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 5 min drive (0.7 miles)
- Oakland Marriott City Center
- Address: 1001 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94607
- Phone: 510.451.4000
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 6 min drive (0.8 miles)
- The Washington Inn Hotel
- Address: 495 10th St, Oakland, CA 94607
- Phone: 510.452.1776
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 8 min drive (0.9 miles)
- Waterfront Hotel – 3 Star Hotel
- Address: 10 Washington St, Oakland, CA 94607
- Phone: 510.836.3800
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 8 min drive (1.1 miles)
If you’re so inclined, there are several hostel options in and around Oakland/San Francisco.
- Casa Hacker Hostel
- Address: 2028 27th Ave, Oakland, CA 94601
- Phone: 408.718.1829
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 14 min drive (3.7 Miles)
- FacesOasis (private home, book through AirBnB)
- Address: 1453 5th St, Oakland CA 94607
- Phone: 925.497.5428
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 10 min drive (2.2 Miles)
- Fisherman’s Wharf San Francisco Hostel
- Address: Building 240, Fort Mason, San Francisco, 94123
- Phone: 1453 5th St, Oakland CA 94607
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 45 min drive (12.3 Miles)
- Downtown San Francisco Hostel
- Address: 320 Mason Street, Union Square, SF CA, 94102
- Phone: 415.788.5604
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 40 min drive (10.6 Miles)
- San Francisco City Center Hostel
- Address: 685 Ellis Street, SF CA, 94109
- Phone: 415.474.5721
- Distance from Paramount Theatre: 35 min drive (11.8 Miles)
Tickets are not refundable. However, tickets are transferrable until the day before Hustle Con, so if you can’t make it and want to give your ticket to a friend, colleague, stranger on the bus, whoever, we can help make that happen.
Holler at [email protected], and someone will get back to you.